Friday, February 25, 2011

The past few weeks we have been talking about groups. Who makes up different groups and what their interactions are with the people around them. Making a web of all the groups I'm involved in shocked me. I never realized how many groups I was a part of. And also, all of them have different names! My favorite is interest groups because you get to pick what you want to be a part of. It's much more fun when you choose to do it rather than being forced to be in it.

While we were on the topic, I tried to pay close attention to the groups that surrounded me while I was at cheerleading. There's the whole gym, which is a group altogether. Then it breaks down to being on a youth, junior, or senior team. Then it breaks down to all the different levels and teams. Then it breaks down even further to the different friend groups in all of the teams. It could even go down to the different schools everyone goes to. It amazed me watching and being involved in all of these different groups when all I did was sign up for cheerleading. I like how when everything is broken down like that everyone gets a name or a label. The whole gym is Cheer Alliance. Then teams would be kittens, lions, pink panthers, jaguars, cheetahs, and pumas. Groups divide all of our lives into little sections and splits everyone up. It's actually really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. What kinds of group terms cn be applied to your cheerleading experiences?

    ReplyDelete