Friday, March 4, 2011

Sociology On The Streets

This week I saw sociology while walking in the hallway. I tried to look at the different aspects of groups and the barriers that go along with it. Different cultures have different customs and different things that they do in every day life. This fits into West Chicago Community High School because all of the different groups have different "customs" or different ways of living their lives. They don't necessarily talk in different languages but every group functions differently. Some groups talk about everything openly and some groups keep everything to themselves.

While I was in the hallway yesterday and I walked past a group of people screaming and then a group of people not saying one word to each other. All of the people within the groups are completely different from each other too. People don't hiss at each other or know each other by their specific numbers but they act so differently. I don't think people know how to act exactly the same which is good but it makes things really confusing. That's why there is so much drama that goes around because everyone clashes with each other. I think that after awhile everyone learns how to deal with each other and move on in life. That's part of life I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I still think it would be great if you all started hissing at each other...maybe we could start a fad with that? :) Why do you think that people group themselves together the way they do?

    ReplyDelete